DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (General)
The main aim of the faculty of commerce is to offer superior quality & professional education with high ethical and leadership qualities. Faculty members of Commerce department are well experienced, dedicated and they provide the best teaching environment for the students. Department of Commerce offers variety of courses (B.Com (General), B.Com (Computer Application) and B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship)) which helps the students to get inculcated in their respective fields.
To be a pacesetter in providing commerce education to create professionals and entrepreneurs enriched with innovation and leadership through integration of teaching, learning, and fostering an equitable and productive growth in the global society.
To equips the students with the right knowledge and skills in business and management and impart knowledge of the principles which are perfect for career in the corporate world.
To train them with required skill for self- employment.
Inspire and empower the students to become innovative leaders and engaged citizens who contribute to the success of business enterprises and betterment of society.
- To ignite students into value based leaders and creators.
- To encourage students to publish articles.
- To develop, define and implement appropriate career objectives.
- To help students in fostering their skills and knowledge.
Activities of our department focus on practical training for the theoretical knowledge, which students gain in the classroom.
- 1. Providing orientation for project work. Students are assigned company related project work during vacations so that they get practical knowledge and outside exposures too.
- 2. Providing induction training for the final year students for attending interviews.
- 3. Conducting classes for Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning ability and communication skill for fostering their Knowledge and skills.
- 4. Furnishing the students with bank details like filling of pay in slip, cheques etc.,
- 5. Educating the students about Filing Tax Return and Tax Deducted at Source.
Apart from this, we are conducting other activities too
- Role Playing
- Brain Storming
- Debate regarding subject related topics
- Business quiz.
In addition to the lecture method, various methods like
- Group Discussion
- Seminars and
- Presentations are being employed in commerce department.
|S.NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATION||EXPERIENCE|
|1||Dr.D.K.Baranidharan||Associate Professor||M.Com.,M.Phil., Ph.D||15 Years|
|2||Ms.Sree Devi||Assistant Professor||M.Com.,M.Phil., (Ph.D)||10 Years|
|3||Mrs.R.Anuradha||Assistant Professor||B.Com., MBA.,M.Phil., (Ph.D)||9 Years|
|4||Mrs.T.Thavamani||Assistant Professor||M.Com., M.Phil., SET, NET||5 Years|
|5||Mrs.K.Samundeeswari||Assistant Professor||M.Com., M.Phil.,||5 Years|
|6||Mrs.K.M.Srividhya||Assistant Professor||M.Com.., M.Phil.,||4 Years|
|7||Mr.R.Sathyaraj||Assistant Professor||M.Com., M.Phil.,||5 Years|
|8||Ms.S.Nithya||Assistant Professor||M.Com., M.Phil.,||3 Years|
|9||Mrs.S.Malarvizhi||Assistant Professor||M.Com.,M.Phil.,||4 Months|
|10||Mrs.Farzana Begum||Assistant Professor||M.Com., M.Phil.,||4 Months|
- The students after graduation are placed in different sectors such as Banker, Financial Analyst, Portfolio Consultant, Finance Planner, Finance Controller, Cost accountant, Stock Broker, Ministry of Commerce, Foreign Trade, Human Resource officer and Insurance.
- Students are getting commercial knowledge which initiates the students to start a new venture.
- To pursue Master Degree, Commerce is the base.
- It provides high earnings in respective job.