DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
Mathematics includes the study of such topics as quantity, structure,space, and change. Mathematicians seek and use patterns to formulate new conjectures; they resolve the truth or falsity of conjectures by mathematical proof. When mathematical structures are good models of real phenomena, then mathematical reasoning can provide insight about nature. through the use of abstraction and logic , mathematics developed from counting , calculation , measurement, and the systematic study of the shapes and motions of physical objects.
To be recognized as a global centre of excellence in Mathematics providing Research and consultancy and be a part of the challenging growth of Science and Technology.
The mission of the mathematics department is to provide an environment where students can learn and become competent users of mathematics and mathematical application. Moreover, the department will contribute to the development of students as mathematical thinkers, enabling them to become lifelong learners, to continue to grow in their chosen professions, and to function as productive citizens.
In pursuing this mission, primary departmental functions are the development, dissemination, and application of mathematical knowledge and in the areas of: mathematics, mathematics education, and actuarial science. We will serve students who are our majors and minors, general education students, and those from other service areas.
- • Enjoy mathematics and develop patience and persistence when solving problems
- • Understand and be able to use the language, symbols and notation of mathematics
- • Develop mathematical curiosity and use inductive and deductive reasoning when solving problems
- • Develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to pursue further studies in mathematics
- • Develop abstract, logical and critical thinking and the ability to reflect critically upon their work and the work of others
- • Develop a critical appreciation of the use of information and communication technology in mathematics
- • Appreciate the international dimension of mathematics and its multicultural and historical perspectives.
Activities of our department focus on practical training for the theoretical knowledge, which students gain in the classroom.
- 1.To help the students motivates them to develop curious minds and curiosity about mathematics. Emphasis is given not only to the syllabus and academic performance, but also to extra-curricular activities that makes the learning process less tedious. Intensive coaching is given to achieve academic excellence and serve to the growing young and aspiring women students to achieve goals. Students are trained to communicate mathematical ideas, think creatively and solve the problems.
- 2. Providing induction training for the final year students for attending interviews.
- 3. Conducting classes for Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning ability and communication skill for fostering their Knowledge and skills.
- 4. Furnishing the students with bank details like filling of pay in slip, cheques etc.,
Apart from this, we are conducting other activities too
- Role Playing
- Brain Storming
- Business quiz.
In addition to the lecture method, various methods like
- Group Discussion
- Seminars and
- Presentations are being employed in Maths department.
|S.NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATION||EXPERIENCE|
|1||Mrs .R.Shanthi||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,M.Phil.||4 Years|
|2||Mrs .S.Seethaladevi||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,B.Ed.,M.Phil.||3 Years|
|3||Ms .M.Anitha||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,B.Ed.,M.Phil.,||6 Years|
|4||Mrs. V. Siva sankari||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||10 Years|
|5||Mrs. G. Uma Maheswari||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||12 Years|
- There are several career opportunities in the field of mathematics. Candidates in this field are employed in colleges, schools, government & private organizations and also in various industries. Candidates can work as teachers in schools, colleges and can run their own coaching centers. Candidates can also go for banking jobs both on government or private basis for example bank P.O.s. Other places where their degree credited are business service banking, accountancy, investment, insurance government as well as public administrations.
- Numerous mathematicians are employed in government sectors and in industries, for example, commercial surveys, research operations, and numerical analysis, etc.
|S.NO||JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION|
|1||Statisticians||Statistician is in charge of the evaluation, interpretation, collation, and presentation of quantitative information and data.|
|2||Business Analyst||Business Analyst is responsible to make the solutions which can resolve business issues technically as well as it also examines the needs and documentation for growing sales efforts.|
|3||Mathematician||The mathematician is responsible for utilizing formulas, concepts, and models to prove or disapprove the theories. They utilize strategies for solving business issues and engineering etc.|
|4||Risk Analyst||Risk analyst is in charge of monitoring the risks financially involved in the investments as well as operations in an association. They usually work for banks and financial institutions.|
|5||Data Analyst||Data analysts are responsible for collecting information for market research and logistics or transportations to utilize that information in order to make decisions.|